Mindful Wealth is about putting your whole heart, mind and soul into everything you do, including your financial resources. Too many times have we heard, you can’t serve two masters, in the case of wealth management, you can – investing for profit and making a positive impact in society.
It’s time we all take a look at our portfolios and make sure they are aligned with what matters most in our life. If you’re new to the term “impact investing”, it is a bit overwhelming. The alphabet soup of ESG, SRI … they go on and on.
To educate further on impact investing, we need to clarify some myths.
- Impact Investing earns lower returns – The reality is the US core sustainable portfolio outperformed the Russell 3000 over a 5 year period, ending March 31, 2015 by nearly 30 basis points.
- There are limited investment options – In 1995, impact investing had only about 100 funds representing about $500 million. 2014, over 900 funds representing over $6.5 Trillion.
- Impact Investing is fringe and uncrowded – Many of the largest, most mindful institutions, companies and money managers have adopted the principles of Impact Investing.
- There’s one way to do impact investing – Engage investors to learn what matters most to them. Divest your portfolio, until it does no harm and invest to make a difference … it’s this easy.
- Your investing and Philanthropy should be kept separate – A portfolio that does not harm and makes a positive impact on society has an expected return par to a portfolio for financial return only.
The notion that what makes a good fiduciary investment and what makes a good societal investment are distinctly different, are just not correct. ~Tim Schmidt, CIO, Prudential Insurance
We help foundations and families align their financial resources to what matters most, their mission in life. For more information about how to get started investing and doing good, contact our team at Yield Wealth. email@example.com. http://www.yieldwealth.com.
It’s time to make the world a better place. Let’s cut harm from our investments and focus on making a positive impact on society.
Yield Wealth is one of the first benefit corporations in Arkansas and one of the first pure impact investing companies in the south. This blog is meant for information purposes only. Do not take this as investment advice. For more information about impact investing or how to align your financial resources to what matters most to you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org